Friday, January 22, 2010

No Name for this Poem

I do not write in English but when I was in America I did write this poem in a language that I am not very comfortable with.My Daughter in law Rashmi Vaish not only published it in her blog known as " A life in Indigo " but also provided the much needed punctuation marks. I am borrowing it from her to duplicate it here. Rashmi is a gifted writer. She has served in India's leading news papers & then in New York she worked for a big community weekly.She is an excellent photographer too.People should read her to evaluate the depth of her thought. Now the " Untitled " poem ---

Some moments of life,
lived & unlived,
raise questions,
countless questions.

I hear them through the bones of my head.

Rack my brains to find answers.

They are but doubtful.

An old gratitude

hangs to some unknown crease.

Eyes wander onto fogy pathways

till they tire & return.

A delicate thread

that joins two parallel lines

snaps without a warning

under a strange heavy weight.

Countless yellow leaves

scattered all around

create a directional illusion.

A human image

wearing dark green sun glasses

toiling hard to see greenery around

fails & commits suicide.

A big black zero looms large in the air

are these my achievements

or is this the path which I traversed ?

success is but a fleeting waft of air.

the big black zero still looms large,

bent upon breaking all that I cherish.

I wish to burst this zero into many

to own as many zeros as I can

before it puts me down forever.

No comments: